One critical stakeholder to note is Haiti Outreach, a WASH implementing organization that has been working in Haiti for nearly 30 years. Now a strategic partner of HANWASH, Haiti Outreach brings to the table an extensive technical expertise in the implementation of pay-for-service community-managed WASH services.
HANWASH knows that it is imperative to bring together many diverse partners within the water and sanitation sector in Haiti to accomplish the dream. Considerations when determining a partnership strategy with each strategic partner include:
- Clear and common foundation – alignment of core values, objectives, scope of collaboration, and governance structure
- Relationship building – through social connections, regular communication, transparency, and investment in tools and processes
- Accountability and metrics – belief in practical governance, defined roles and responsibilities, and performance measurements
- Changing market conditions – includes regular health checks, re-validating original foundation and performing needed adjustments
- Formalizing the relationship – agreements may be partner-specific based on power dynamics and what each party brings to the table
A formal strategic relationship with a partner organization/stakeholder which brings critical value for decision-making and the overall success of HANWASH.
Financial relationships and possible future investors in the case of HANWASH Social Impact Investment Fund. Donor Partners may be either countrywide, by commune, or project related.
Sub-contractor delivering on operational targets. Implementing Partners must have signed an accord with DINEPA and serve as responsible implementing partner for project.
Any organization which seeks to be affiliated with HANWASH, which agrees to its operating principles, and offers to provide in-kind support or participate in knowledge and learning exchange.